Saturday, March 29, 2014

The University of California/Berkeley



Hugh, standing on our favorite beach.

This past week, my youngest son, Hugh, received all of his college acceptances.  He has decided to attend the University of California at Berkeley, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California,_Berkeley, where he will major in Economics in the college of Letters and Science.  After two years, he will apply to the Haas School of Business.

Hugh is very happy to be going to Berkeley.  This year, they had over 90,000 applicants.  I ordered him a sweatshirt from the college bookstore because there is a tradition at Dana Hills High School where each student wears a sweatshirt from the college they will be attending next fall.

My mother informed me that my grandmother, Eleanor Robinson, also attended Berkeley.  I can see her there, strolling through the campus, and thinking up science fiction stories in her head.

When Hugh leaves, I will not have any more children at home.  But I will have my dog, Holly, which will almost be enough.




2 comments:

Jennifer Rumberger said...

Congratulations to Hugh! And how cool he is going to the same college as your grandmother!

Kathryn Fitzmaurice said...

thank you, Jennifer!