Monday, January 6, 2014

A DIAMOND IN THE DESERT gets picked up by Scholastic Book Fairs!

This page appears in the Scholastic Flyer

Scholastic Book, with the caption: "In this game, the stakes are even higher."


I am very pleased to announce that A DIAMOND IN THE DESERT has been picked up by Scholastic Book Fairs for a period of five years.  And although this happened last spring, in April of 2013, I am just getting around to letting my readers know.

One of my writing partners in my critique group is a sixth grade teacher and he had the Scholastic Book Fair pamphlet framed and then gave it to me.  I thought that was a very nice thing to do.

Viking then sent me a few of the Scholastic books for my own collection.  You can see how they place the Scholastic red sign on the bottom of the book.  My son's fifth grade teacher at George White Elementary School emailed me right away when she got her flyers.  She said she couldn't believe my book was in there, and then she ordered a classroom set.  The books cost $3.99 for one, or teachers can purchase a set for $19.99.

I remember when I was an elementary school teacher.  My favorite time of the month was when the Scholastic books came.

It was like opening of box of wonderful books, all just waiting to be read and discussed.


2 comments:

Jennifer Rumberger said...

How exciting! Now the story can be spread to even more children. Congratulations!

Kathryn Fitzmaurice said...

thank you, Jennifer!